Cargill Deicing Technology is continuing to expand its existing operations at the Cayuga Mine Site by expanding the operation to reach and recover additional permitting reserves north of the existing operation. To execute the expanded excavation plan, a fourth mine shaft is needed to aid in and allow access to northern reserves.
Spectra assisted Cargill in the following tasks:
- Drilling a stratigraphic test hole,
- Modify the existing mining permit to include additional reserves,
- Modify existing mining permit to include a new shaft.
To accomplish this, Spectra provided the following services:
- New York State Stratigraphic Well Permit
- Modified Mined Land Use Plan (MLUP)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevetion Plan and SPDES Notice of Intent